Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Friday, May 20, 2005

www.inchoatus.com

I just read the high flown recommendations of www.inchoatus.com . Their intent is great, noble and true in stating the following works as SF Sublime. But I think they are in falsehood about it!

Cryptonomicon, by Neal Stephenson.
The Book of the New Sun, by Gene Wolfe.
Stories of Your Life and Others, Ted Chiang.
The Scar, by China Mieville.

The Golden Age, by John C Wright.

Now for the clicher. Of these book which www.inchoatus.com, ALL BUT THE LAST ONE tests strong by kinesiological testing. In other words, the four books above are skilful shams of integral Science Fiction.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We’re very pleased about being mentioned on this blog. One of the things we welcome is discussion and dissent. We have posted several essays directly contradicting us and would gladly do so again.

I'm confused about two issues…

First, I don't understand the term "kinesiological testing." From what I can determine, it has everything to do with biology and little to do with literary theory. I'm very interested in learning what is meant by this term and what is meant when a work tests strongly for it.

Secondly, I'm interested in learning what sham Wolfe, Stephenson, and Chiang are perpetrating on the science fiction community skillful or not. As I mentioned, we welcome dissent and have posted several essays contradicting and rebutting our position.

4:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter