Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Friday, May 13, 2005

The web is changing...

...It's becoming more about video, audio. The emphasis on sales is driving these mediums closer, inching slowly towards fusion technologies in broadband. It was satisfying to see the online release of the trailer of the sixth Star Wars movie, Revenge of the Sith, three months before it came onto tv; then on telly it's fantastic to sense that it already happened (the release, not the movie) somewhere else, in another place and time: the internet.

It's exciting to predict, isn't it? I remember playing online early in 1995 and thinking, "Gee whiz, I can look stuff up!"

Now it's like, "Goodness, I can make friend with folk across the planet!" (although mainly in the States right now!)

And in the future it'll be, "How COME I can't do everything over the internet?!"

But right now the big news for me is that I have thrown out my nintendo. And all the games.

Aside from the bald fact of the matter, if it's okay with you, I'm gonna avoid thinking any more about it. And all the games. And the ninetendo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter