Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Effing Change

I thought instead of the usual lucid and optimistic articles that I would do something a little more bleak:

My kitchen and lounge and office are a mess! My work is going so slowly, if at all! I feel blue most of the time! ...And that's just this week.

It's Thursday now. I'm not enjoying the week.

You know what I want to do? Gather up my life into a gigantic INBOX and begin sorting it out into nice tidy categories. The biggest category will perhaps be the garbage, because at present I feel cluttered and obscured by thoughts that are another kind of clutter. It is frustrating. It makes me feel blue. It is time for a effing change I think!

I have even been haunted by cluttered dreams. Last night I wandered a fairy mansion with many many rooms - the dream was like the movie "Spirited Away". I asked to go to the toilet and the madame led me out into the wilderness miles and miles with a skipping shadow of a child. We went round a bend and came upon a simple village nestled in the hillside, calm and still in the early dawn. I woke.

I have been in somewhat less than perfect health this week. It is as if my body has decided it is time for a healthier diet and demanded it by expelling toxins from skin, nose and ears. My ear is still completely blocked a week later. My skin feels like rubber. And I have messy and embarassing fits of sneezing several times a day.

The main condition is the increased exercise, of course. My muscles tell me not that I have done good work (although I have) the previous day. Rather - by their stiffness and soreness when I wake - my muscles tell me that they need more water to cleanse themselves faster.

I intend to get some cardboard boxes as inboxes today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter