Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Saturday, September 18, 2004

"Unless a seed dies, it will not have eternal life."

I let go...

I sink into the earth
Like Sita saying farewell to Krishna

I sink
The earth takes me
Down, down, down...

I inhale dirt first
Then fire

I get joy from self-loss
My soul pours out water of life
I gush and have no ending
I fertilise and see no fruit

I have no taste but sweet earth
I have no insight but earth forever
I am sweet and rotting sweetly
I am decaying into infinite sweetness
I die.

Later
I rise up
Dismayed
Everything is disarray
Infinite chaos arises with me
Chaos, splendid, wrecked, horrible
Like a drug I rise in the blood of the world
Like an evil drug I sink down infinitely again
In the bones and the narrow parts of the world
I am lost again there forever

But I rise up still
Extraneous matter falls away
And I am more me from each falling
All collapses inward and away
And I am left full of myself.

I am the jewel on the crown of the world
The earth is infinitely far below
Long and long I relish it
"I am the jewel in the lotus"
This is repeat, repeat, repeat

Until it is time to fall away again.
And helplessly I let go into death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter