Contemplate This: Rob Yueng on Brainraining.
Brain-storming takes a lot of time and energy. But brain-raining applies the same principles on a smaller scale even when we are trying to think more creatively on our own. Try this.
Simply work through five questions:
1. What's the rational course of action?
2. What's the emotional thing to do?
3. What would the cleverest person you know - someone you like and respect - do?
4. What would your most compassionate friend do?
5. Finally, what should you do?
This comes from Rob Yueng's brilliant book, The Extra One Per Cent.