Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Daydreaming

I'm daydreaming about stuff today. I'm thinking about my dream publishing company. I would love to publish science fiction that tests strong. I would love to put out an anthology of stories that test strong. What would I call it? Would it be: Inspirational science fiction, moral science fiction, strong science fiction... nah...

It would called 100% Excellent Science Fiction. Or Pure Class Science Fiction. Or Science Fiction that Makes Your Heart Sing. Or... LOL, I'll have to work on that one.

It would have a preface on the methodology. "Lack of the Future". LOL. This would explain the approach, critque the lack of moral discretion among science fiction ranks in favor of superfice and coolness. It would have a story by Orson Scott Card, another by Robert Sawyer, another by Michael Swanwick ("Slow Life", yea!), Brian Stapleford, Kim Stanley Robinson's "History of the Twentieth Century with Illustrations". It might have a few classics that test strong too, such as Robert Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, and Frank Herbert.

It would be great to publish some novels too, especially something hypertextual which could also have online components for backend sales. I could basically provide the editing and textual services at a very low cost in return for agent and editor's fees for self-publishing the book through a print-on-demand system. It would be excellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter