Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

A Peace Gift From My Cat

While I'm just hopping online for the first time in a week, my landlord turns up to tell me he's conducting a white ant killer through the flats tomorrow. I do not raise the question of living in a toxic house at all, and merely flatly ignore the fact that my house is still messy and I don't have any intention of him coming in til it's tidy. I merely nod and politely remind him that he needs to fix my toilet, which is adding dollars by the day to his water bill.

Well hello there! I'm back after xmas. The world begins anew, it seems.

My cat and I have been having teething problems. Today I left the back door open and basically let her know she could get fucked. While I was meditating she had pee-ed on my papers, and then on the kitchen sinktop. I was outraged and so she went out for a few hours, and came back at some time later. I ignored her and swore at her when she got in the way of my cooking, talkin

Then, while I was hopping online a second time, she dragged in this horrible looking lump of something. It was clearly flesh. I leapt up and thanked her, and, picking it up with yet another one of my papers which I will never read, examined it as I took it outside.

It was a gigantic socket bone for a cow's hip, I think. Or a horse.

And so I threw it onto my compost and thanked her and was rewarded with the first purring I have heard from her today. So I fed her and she hopped onto my lap and fell asleep, and all is well now with the world and I.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel G. Taylor said...

Git your fat one over to www.habitcrafter.blogspot.com for the coolest blog on the Net - hey! I can't say that. I write it.

6:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter