Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Lunch O Clock on a resting day

My first coffee left me clearheadedly inert thismorning, like a beaker of inviible vapor which has been unstopped and mingled with the surrounding air.

I woke from a dream - a nightmare - where I let loose with insensate rage at a close real life figure whom I shall not mention. These kinds of dreams stopped for many years and I was unimpressed by their recurrence. Something needing to work itself out, no doubt. But the expression of rage just before I awoke left me shaken and adrenalized and a little fuzzy, as usual.

Every day I follow the same routine. Walk into the toilet to pee then make coffee. Sit outside and drink it and see if a caffeine-induced semblance of wakefulness emerges from the buzz. Sometimes clarity comes and sometimes not. This time however, flies settled on me as thick as Canaanites. I went into the bedroom and lay on the bed with the laptop. Four hours passed...

For lunch - or the sudden onset of ravenous hunger at two O clock in the afternoon, I lavishly cooked a stew of chickpeas and buckwheat and multiple vegies and herbs. Then, growing frustrated with the time it took to cook, I fixed three cakes of noodles, one after the one, to various recipes and ate them. Now the stew sits cooling for the fridge. I used the castoff water to soak brown rice which will be the complementary dish in the evening.

I had two helpings satay noodles and brighly spiced tumeric and ginger noodles with sliced tomato and cheese. The dog and the flies hungrily watched me eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter