Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Friday, March 04, 2005

A Miracle: the conclusion to the mad guy on the bus

As I listened to the mad guy on the bus shouting and raving, I found in my heart sympathy for the guy. He and I suffered alike, he of anger and I of desire. And I silently prayed for surrender but none came.

So I prayed instead for a sense of lovingness, and instantly the Presence was there, everywhere, and in everything. The silence deepened and opened out. The man fell silent as I became aware of the Presence around him and his wounded heart began to cool.

Time stopped.

He asked me, "'Scuse me, have you got a smoke?"

I met his eyes (which were lovely) and smiled and said "Sorry buddy, but I don't smoke."

Then he asked, "Have you got the time on you there?"

"I left my mobile at home, sorry," I said, and asked the guy in front of me the time, but he was stiff and didn't answer.

So I turned back to him and replied: "It must be about ten-thirty."

He nodded. "Ten-thirty," he said quietly.

A few minutes later he quietly went back to his girlfriend and sat with her. The sensation of lovingness gradually subsided as he returned to her, and became a soft, embodied sensation of bliss for me.

"A miracle is always a change of perception." ACIM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter