Monkey Business Time Management
Inspired by the efforts of GTD (Getting Things Done) time management cultists to mucho laughter, I wrote a pisstake time management system and surprised myself by learning something new.
Well, a LOT new.
I call it Monkey Business. I discovered it in three parts:
Just playing around for fun, I wrote an expose and critique of time management's implicit hidden Protestantism.
Then I got curious what time management would look like without the crap religiocultural baggage.
So I created a time management process with several new features and a crapload of benefits. My system needed:
- Explicitly stated values.
- Verifiable, testable propositions.
- Complete scaleability from a intellectually disabled child to a strong artificial intelligence.
- Viability in the context of the known facts about human nature.
Once I created it, which basically involved applying the Socratic method to the past time management systems, I had before my eyes the first time management system based firmly in the known fact of human nature, and it revealed to me a rather startling discovery:
I had accidentally discovered a revolutionary new time management paradigm firmly based on the explicit and demonstable values of evolutionary and developmental psychology.
The Monkey Business Time Management Paradigm (chuckles to self) proposes the following:
1. Time management without long inactive periods of reflection is just monkeying around.
2. Just try to unleash monkey business - which is to say, wild playful joyous creative silly hyperproductive innovative work - try to unleash monkey business WITHOUT long inactive periods of reflection and you will bust like a helium balloon in a needle factory. You will go mad, crack up, burn out, fall away. You will suffer long teeth and pointy ears and all manner of high strangeness.
I am quite serious. Monkey Business appears to be the genuine voodoo. After a bit more reflection and playing around I will put it up here and see how it goes.