Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

My day today

Today:

- Added a new site counter to find out what this sites doin'.
- Did a forlorn search for J S Mill's writing on proportional voting, to try and lend my frenzied writing on the subject a little context, without much success (what a tedious writer!)
- Reread the Shin/Pureland Buddhism text, the Tannisho, for the fourth time in four days and, yes, finally started to make sense of it in a dramatic kind of way. Spent the afternoon writing about Shin, and in the evening asked online what level of consciousness on the Hawkins scale it rates at.
- I played and played and played with the cat.
- I tried both Zen and Pureland meditation, and found the latter very inspiring.
- Editing my essay 'The moral context of great art', wondering at where I could find a publisher for such an artefact; I do not think I have written a piece so strange, abstract and ornate before that actually have a strong point to it.
- Took washing off the line that since the cat effectively stopped me opening the back door thoughtlessly, has been hanging outside for two days.
- Chatted online about my poor friend Matt, whose mental illness has caused him problems yesterday, today, and now for many weeks to come it seems.
- Reread "Postmodernism For Beginners" and found nothing much new in it, sad to say, except when they quoted Lyotard's work, which is as perspicacious as ever.
- Listening to LOTS of Mozart.
- Worked in the design documents for the two novels I am trying to construct, Return to Gaia, and Murder on Planet Pureland, unto frustration and beyond. It's a good sign of progress, eh.
- The usual "anxiety disorder" list of worrying, bustling, hustling, cussing, bumping into things, mini-resting, self-talking, deep-breathing, evading/avoiding, bleh blah bleh.

That was my day today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter