Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

okay, I'm gonna simplify all this

Tonight I'm listening to Wayne Dyer's wonderful popularisation on CD of the nature of energy field, The Power of Intention. I'm finding it enormously inspirational.

Now the process of creating is underway, there is a gentle quality of awareness around the various controls in consciousness. It is as if this awareness fiddles the various knobs into place of things I DON'T want. Tonight I'm delighted to realise that it can be MUCH simpler:

The novel has certain qualities that already exist, as an impersonal field. The novel is popular, award winning, cinematic, powerful, compelling, heartfelt, organic and crystalline. The characters are charming, annoying, charismatic, intellectual, demanding, driven, obsessive geniuses. The plot is intricate, fantastic, intimately related to the world today, and heart-fulfilling. These are INTRINSIC qualities of the field.

When I sit down to criticise the crap out of an idea, I simply want to cry sometimes. It slows me down! The real progress appears when I let the genuine delight I feel show for the challenges that arise to this vision which I have described.

So to the friends reading this, thanks for the encouragement to accept the challenge to write from the heart.

 
follow me on Twitter